Thursday 16 August 2012

Review: EasiDri Cool Coat

So, we went from having a Yellow Labrador that would cool off in streams/lakes on hot days last year to having a Black Mini Poodle who will have nothing to do with 'dirty' water.
He struggles quite a lot in the heat so we had to find an alternative so that we were able to take him out as sometimes avoiding the heat isn't an option.

I'd been toying with the idea of a cool coat for a while but, like many others was a bit skeptical about if/how it would work. I knew there were a few different variations so I asked advice from a very doggy person I know. They recommended the EasiDri to me. I walked past the EasiDri stall at Crufts and decided to bite the bullet and give it a shot. At £31 I was worried in case it was a waste of money but it's been one of the best investments I've ever made as it's been used loads over the summer months - we may not have found it warm but Jasper struggles with even the slightest amount of heat.

I've spoke to a few people who have said that the ones they purchased didn't fit properly or that the straps were too long. We haven't had a problem with this at all, it looks like it might be a bit long over his sides but the way I see it, it's just covering more of his body.
It also holds the water in for a good couple of hours on a warm day, obviously the more it's directly in the sun, the quicker it dries out. By taking a couple of bottles of water out with you to rehydrate it (as well as to quench your dogs thirst) does the trick. Once it's quenched and wrung out, you're good to go again. One problem I've found is that if you're not using it often and leave it in the storage bag wet, it begins to smell in the bag. Not too much of a problem though as it's washable.

The only other thing is that a few people have commented to me that it's 'cruel' to have a coat on a dog in hot weather, until they feel underneath and feel how cool his fur/skin is but you may have to put up with funny looks and sarky comments. However, I recommend them to anyone I meet with a dog as I think it's completely invaluable.

So if you haven't guessed by now I'm a lover of the EasiDri and would definitely buy another one if/when this one has its day. I recommend it to owners with ANY type of dog, but especially those that struggle with the heat. With prices starting from £24, it's a small price to pay for keeping your dog cool and safe, right?

http://www.easidri.com/products/61/high-performance-cooling-coat/

Jasper in his cool coat



2 comments:

  1. Hi, its Akitalover99,

    This blog is from my dogs point of view.

    Its Charlie Boy again, hi there, you have some lovely pictures you look like a nice little doggie :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou Charlie :)
    Jasper says you don't look too bad yourself!

    ReplyDelete