Thursday 23 August 2012

Decisions, decisions (and not enough cash!)

So first of all, training again last night. Next weeks the big night, his Silver Good Citz. Eee! I'm feeling a bit more confident now that we might actually pass it. He did really well with his stays and his wait+recall and actually looked like he was ENJOYING being there! Until we did the 'Go To Bed' exercise in preparation for the Gold Award. As soon as we did the Go To Bed, he shut down. As far as I know it hasn't been used as a punishment but he seems to have a negative association with it :(
We then did coming away from distractions and as I walked away from the group he wasn't distracted by the other dogs, he just stood frozen low to the ground, looking at me as if I was going to tell him off (I never tell him off!) so I have no idea what's wrong with him! Afterwards we did the Play exercise and he switched back to being completely happy. Ahh, so confusing!

Today we're chilling out and possibly are going to look at making the Go To Bed exercise into a bit of a game to build up a positive association. Fingers crossed! We're also only taking a couple of short walks rather than a mega-walk so no nice photos today either.

Finally, I've been looking into things I need to buy for Jasper for when we go away to Uni in December. As it looks unlikely that I'm going to have a car to drive back and forward between Uni and my accommodation, we'll probably be walking! It's in December so it'll be dark. We're looking into hi-viz coats etc and I just want to buy them all now!

Firstly, a hi-viz fleece harness that Bextull (a lovely girl from a forum I'm on) posted about. The harness looks beautiful and as I LOOVE hi-viz and fleece harnesses, it's the perfect combo!
 
 
 Secondly, a hi-viz coat by a company I found at a dog show. It's waterproof and can have any colour combination. The coats also looked and felt very well made!

Finally, equafleece! I had two for our Labrador an they're such good quality coats and they're waterproof! I'm looking at this jumper with legs for Jasper and he gets everything stuck in them. I'm thinking of a nice dark purple! They're a bit pricey but worth every penny.

If only I had more money floating around to buy them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment